The header and footer in Google Docs are essential elements that deal with a professional look to the document. By using web applications on Windows, Mac, and mobile apps on Android or iOS devices, we can easily add these to the document.
These headers and footers are different from the main content. Usually, these are used to show section titles, page numbers, Footer notes, author information, and other information that you want to stay consistent on all the pages.
How to Add a Header or Footer in Google Docs on a Desktop
- Open your web browser and go to Google Docs.
- Go to your existing file or create a new document.
- Find the “Insert” Menu and click on it.
- Hover Over “Headers & Footers” and Choose one from.
You can also use Shortcut keys to add these to the file.
#Add by using Shortcut Keys.
After adding these, you can see a banner with customization options. In case the banner is hidden, you can make it visible by double-clicking on the top or bottom of the page.
Header and Footer in Google Docs mobile app.
- Create a new document or open an existing file in Google Docs.
- Tap on three dots in the top right corner.
- On Print layout by swipe button.
- Tap on the top of the page for the header and the bottom of the page for the footer.
For more edit options, use the desktop. The customizations are not available on the mobile app.