Page numbers play an essential role in a book or multiple-page documents. To create an index page for a document, the page numbers required to navigate the content. Documents editors like Google Docs and MS Word have a function to Add page numbers to the document.
How to add page numbers in Google Docs?
- Open your desired file in Google Docs.
- Go to Insert menu.
- Hover on “# Page numbers”
- Select the style of page numbers in the document.
Skip the first page to show the page number.
Insert the page numbers on the document and follow the steps below.
- Go to the position of page numbers and tap on “Options.” In case it is invisible, double tap on the page number.
- Select “Page Number.”
- Uncheck the “Show on first page” option and apply.
If you need to start the page number instead of 1, type the number and click on Apply.