In document formatting, the hanging indent improves readability. It is a style of paragraph where the first line starts at the left margin. This is used to highlight the specific information and to provide a clear visual of the content.
This guide will show all the steps to make an indent in hanging format in Google Docs.
How to do a hanging indent in Google Docs?
- Go to Google Docs and open your file.
- Select the text that you want in Hanging indent format.
- Click on the “Format” menu.
- Hover on Align & indent and tap on “Indentation Option.”
- Select “Hanging” under the Special indent.
- Hit on Apply.
0.5 inches is the default indent set in Google Docs. You can change the indentation by entering the value next to the hanging.
If you want to change the value from inches to centimeters, check out our guide on Changing the unit from inches to centimeters in Google Docs.