You will get the answer to your questions ‘How to close Upstox Account‘ or ‘How to delete Upstox account‘ here. If you want to delete Upstox account and wondering how to close Upstox account, then you can easily delete your account by following the steps given below.
Although there can be different reasons for deleting Upstox account, but whatever the reason may be, here you will get two options to delete Upstox account. You can choose any option as per your convenience.
|Read before deleting Upstox account: Earn money from Upstox refer and earn|
How to close Upstox account?
There are two methods to close the Upstox account. The account can be closed in any way.
Delete Upstox account – Online
If you want to delete your Upstox account online, please follow the steps given below.
- Advertisement -
- Open Upstox App
- Click on the account icon
- Click on settings
- Click on profile
- Go to account closure option
- Click on close account
- View email received on Registered Email Id
- Open received email
- Click on the link provided in the e-mail
- Account closure request form will open
- Fill the account closure request form and select the reason for account closure
- Click on the Close Account button
Within 7 days your account will be closed by Upstocks team. You may receive a phone call or email from the Upstocks team regarding this.
Close Upstox account – Offline
If you do not want to close your Upstox account through online option then you can close your account through offline method. You can close the Upstocks account by following the steps given below.
- Download Account closure request form
- fill all your details
- Select reason for account closure
- Send the account closure form by post to Upstocks Head Office
You can send the Upstox Account closure form by any post to the head office of Upstox. Which takes 2 to 4 days to reach. When you sent the closure form, the process of closing your account will start and within 1 week your account will be closed.
Keep these things in mind before closing Upstox Account
- There should not be any kind of securities hold in your account, if you have any kind of shares, mutual funds etc. in your account then transfer them to another demat account.
- If Upstox annual fee is due, pay it, otherwise your account will not be deleted.
- Your account balance must be 0 before account closure.
- If you do not have any other demat account, sell the purchased shares and transfer the amount to your savings account.
- The account will not be deleted if there is any kind of outstanding.
- If you closed your stock account then money cannot be earned by Upstox Refer & Earn.
Upstox gives you online option to delete the account. But if you do not want to delete your account through online method, you can go with offline method by posting Account Closure form to Upstox Mumbai Branch after which your account will be deleted. You have to keep in mind just one thing that while you are deleting your Upstox account, there should not be any kind of shares in our account otherwise the account will not be deleted.
- Advertisement -
Can we reactivate the Upstox Account?
If you have closed your account then you can open your account again on Upstox. For this, again start the online account opening process with all the KYC documents.
How long does it take for Upstox account closure?
- Advertisement -
Upstox account is closed within 7 to 10 days. You will receive the account closure confirmation email on your registered email Id.
Can Upstox account be closed offline?
Yes, there are two options to close the Upstox account. You can go with online or offline procedure.