The Kotak demat account opening process is easy, and you can open demat accounts in Kotak Securities with two options: one is online, and the second one is offline. Along with this, it is also very necessary to know about the features and charges of Kotak demat accounts.
When you open a Kotak demat and trading account, you can link your savings account with it, which makes it very easy for you to trade in the stock market. Instead of a savings account, you can link your current account as well. When you link your savings or current account with your demat and trading accounts, Kotak Bank has named it the Trinity account. Apart from this, Kotak Security has also categorized the DEMAT account plans.
Trading with a Kotak demat account is quite easy, although you trade with your trading account, which is linked to your demat account. If you want to know more about demat accounts, like what is the matter count and what is the difference between a trading account and a demat account, you can read the “What is a demat account?” article on it.
Kotak demat account opening
1. Documents required to open a Kotak Demat account
- Demat account opening form for an individual or corporate account
- Passport size photo
- Nomination form – click to download the PDF
- Identity proof like a passport, PAN card, driving license, voter ID card, Aadhar card, etc.
- Permanent address proof like passport, electricity bill, driving license, sale deed, etc.
The Aadhar card is applicable in India only. If you are a citizen of the United States, the United Kingdom, or another country, then you can bring your identity proof according to that.
- Advertisement -
You can show your national citizenship card or ID card for identity proof and permanent address proof in countries like the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Dubai, etc.
2. Documents required to open a corporate demat account
- Company’s Pan Card ( Company Tax Details)
- Signature of the authorized person
- Passport size photograph
- Memorandum and articles of the company
- Company information
- Registered documents by the registrar
- Lease agreement/Sale agreement
At the time of Kotak Demat’s account of the name, carry the original documents along with the photocopies.
How to open Kotak Demat account?
There are different types of Demat accounts available at Kotak Securities. But when you are going to open your Kotak Demat account on the Kotak Security website, you will find two types of plans. One is for those under 30, known as the “trade free youth plan,” and the other is for those over 30, known as the “trade free plan.”
Open Kotak Demat account-online
- Visit the Kotak Security website
- Select your Demat account plan and submit it by entering your mobile number
- Enter the OTP which you received on your mobile and click on continue
- Provide the personal information and required documents
- In this step, you will be asked for a selfie. (allow and give permission to access your camera on your mobile or use a web camera on a laptop or desktop computer)
- Upload e-sign (you can sign on a white paper and upload the photograph)
- Within no time your Demat account will be approved and you may also get a call for this.
If you already have a demat account and it is not linked with your saving or current account, you can still interlink your saving account/current account with your Demat and trading account. If you want to enter the link to your accounts then you have to visit the Kotak Mahindra Bank website and find the option to upgrade your accounts to Trinity Account.
Open contact Demat account-offline
If you do not want to open a Demat account with Kotak online, you can visit the Kotak security branch. Ask for the Kotak Demat account opening form to download from the website. If you want to open a corporate Demat account, then ask for it and attach photocopies of your documents with it.
- Advertisement -
You will have to submit the photocopies of the request in documents and must take the original documents with you for the KYC.
Submit the form to open Kotak Demat Account:
Demat account benefits
- Instantly transfer your securities.
- No stamp duty has to be paid for security transfer.
- Minimum paperwork
- Facility to add nominee with your Demat account
- Easily change your registered address with DP
- Can invest in government securities along with equity.
- More than 1500 Kotak security branches are available in India and Dubai.
- Multiple types of Demat account options are available.
- 3 in 1 Trinity Account allows you to financial Demat account videos saving or current account.
- Get market alerts through SMS.
- Chat and calling facility available for customer services.
- Easy process to transfer funds to your Demat and trading accounts.
Kotak Demat account charges and fees
Kotak is associated with NSDL and CDSL as a DP and has designed different tariff plans for its customers. Kotak Mahindra Bank and Kotak Securities have different plans for people who trade occasionally or continuously, which you can inquire about by visiting your nearest branch.
- Advertisement -
It depends on the kind of trader you are and the frequency with which you trade. Once you decide which plan you are going with, the Kotak Securities person will tell you about the fees and charges. But you can check the contact limit account charges online on the Contact Securities website.
When you open her Demat account with Kotak, there are no opening fees. But they will get charged for orders when you trade with your Kotak Demat account.
You can check the Kotak Demat account fees and charges on the official page. If you want to check the Kotak Demat account charges and Kotak Demat account AMC charges, then you can easily download a PDF from the given link.
Features of Kotak Demat Account
- Facility to link saving/current account with demat and trading account.
- Low service charges.
- Free online access.
- Can open a composite demat account with a regular demat account.
- Dedicated customer care with calling and chat options.
- Exclusive courses are available to improve your trading skills in the stock market.
- Easy trading with your devices like mobile, computer, or laptop.
- Option to buy first and pay later.
- Regular investment and trading ideas are available.
Kotak demat account-related questions
Can I open more than one demat account?
Yes, you can open more than one demat account and there is no restriction on opening more than one account in any manner.
Demat account minimum balance required?
You can maintain a zero balance in your demat account. There are no charges for maintaining a zero balance either way.
Can another person operate my demat account?
Yes, you can give permission to operate your demat account under the power of attorney.
How much is Kotak Demat Account AMC charges?
There are no AMC charges if you holding securities under Kotak Regular Demat Account is less than ₹10000. But if your securities holding is more than ₹10000 then you will be charged ₹65/month for up to 10 transactions, ₹50/month for 11 to 30 transactions, and ₹35/month for more than 30 transactions. For NRI customers ₹75/per month will be charged. So, a Minimum ₹780 will be charged per year in Kotak Demat Account as AMC.
What is Kotak Demat Account opening charges?
You don’t have to pay anything to open Kotak Demat Account. However, while trading Kotak Securities will charge with transactions.
Which device I can use to log in Kotak Demat Account?
You can log in and trade with Kotak Demat Account on mobile, laptop, and desktop computers.
Is it free to open demat account in Kotak?
Yes, you can open Kotak Demat Account for free without paying any fees. You will not be charged any fee while opening the account but when you trade with this account, Kotak will charge for it. The AMC charges are different from the trade transaction charges.
Is Kotak Demat Account safe?
Kotak Demat Account is completely safe. You can trade from your demat account up to any limit. But, don’t share your demat login credential with anyone.
Do Kotak securities offer discounts on brokerage fees?
Yes, Kotak securities offer different plans and you can get discounts on brokerage fees. Brokerage fees are different with different plans.