When we create a to-do list, we need to strikethrough the text. We can mark the tasks that have been completed with Strikethrough. There are different ways to strikethrough text. Look at the guide on how this can be done in Google Docs.
Strikethrough in Google Docs on Desktop
There are two ways to do a strikethrough in Google Docs on your Windows desktop and Mac.
1#Method: From the toolbar
- Open your Google Docs file.
- Select the text you want to strikethrough.
- Go to the “Format” menu.
- Hover on “Text” and tap on “Strikethrough.”
2#Method: Keyboard Shortcut
- Select text from the document.
- Use the shortcut key “⌘+Shift+X” on Mac and “Alt+Shift+5” on Windows.
Use strikethrough in the Google Docs app.
Android and iPhone users can use the guide below to apply strikethrough on text.
- Go to the Google Docs app on your mobile device.
- Open your document and tap on the edit icon.
- Press on the text and drag to select the section to highlight.
- Tap on the text and paragraph icon.
- Hit on the “Strikethrough icon” in the text section.
There is no shortcut key to strikethrough in the Google Docs mobile app.